Peer-to-Peer is a 10-week course for people with mental illness who are interested in establishing and maintaining their wellness and recovery taught by a team of two trained “Mentors” and a volunteer support person who are personally experienced at living with mental illness.
What You Should Expect
- Ten two-hour sessions, free of charge.
- Designed for individuals (18 and over) living with mental illness.
- Taught by a trained team of individuals living in recovery from mental illness.
- Incorporates presentations,discussion and exercise.
Why You Should Attend
A toolkit of information
- Up-to-date research on brain biology.
- Mental illness symptoms and their relationship to personal experiences.
- Personalized relapse prevention plan.
- Tools to prepare for interactions with healthcare providers.
- Skills for making decisions and reducing stress.
Wisdom from shared experiences
This peer-led course provides a confidential place to learn from shared experiences in an environment of sincere, uncritical acceptance. No specific medication or medical therapy is endorsed or recommended. Our Core Philosophy informs the course’s approach.
Participation in the course gives you an opportunity to gain tangible resources – personalized plans, strategies for potential events in the future and information – as well as a deeper understanding of your personal recovery process.
We have more in common than not.
We are all experts on our own experience.
We respect individual experiences and individual choices.
We are free to choose our own path.
There is no one true way to do or be anything.
Peer to Peer Education Opportunities