In Our Own Voice
In Our Own Voice: Living with Mental Illness is a unique public education presentation that offers insight into the hope and recovery possible for people living with mental illness. Trained individuals living with mental illness lead a brief yet comprehensive and interactive, presentation about mental illness.
What You Should Expect
- Sixty to 90 minutes long, open to the general public free of charge.
- Led by a team of two trained presenters who are living in recovery from mental illness.
- Includes stories, videos and discussion.
Why You Should Attend
- More accurate view of a stigmatized and misunderstood experience.
- Humanized perception of what people living with mental illness are like.
- Concrete examples of what living in recovery means.
- Opportunity to ask questions in a safe and friendly environment.
Whether you have contact with mental illness in a professional capacity or want to learn more on a personal level, your interest and questions are welcome. Your participation also provides a valuable opportunity to the speakers; an opportunity to gain confidence as they share their experience of recovery and transformation.